Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pizza Crust recipe


1 cup warm milk
1 Tbsp yeist
3 Tbsp honey
3/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp oil
2 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven 475 degrees, maybe a little bit higher. Combine all the above ingredients and mix with a fork. After it's well mixed knead a little bit on a floured surface for a few minutes. I had to add more flour as I went to make it not so sticky. Roll out pizza crust, then bake just the crust for 4 or 5 minutes without any toppings on it (poke holes in the crust all around the pizza to avoid bubbling in the dough). Remove the crust from the oven and then add pizza sauce and toppings. Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. This dough can make 2 medium pizza's or one very large pizza. For me this crust is still a work in progress, I am still experimenting with this crust but all 4 boys woofed it down and wanted more so it can't be that bad.
This recipe is from my sister-in-law CheyAnne.

No comments:

Post a Comment